Saturday, June 6, 2009

The buddy system

I had an interesting thought while on a date last night. Over my dating career my I have met many young women on evenings just like last night where once the microphone was passed I listened intently as they articulated there passions, desires, and dreams to me. Though the uniqueness of people in general results in a new story each night, one begins to parcel out or categorize if for no other reason than to ease recall should there be a second date (however unlikely lately) and I need to show that I was in fact listening and I am actually interested.

What I`m getting at is I think I could start a friend service for the women of the metro boston area. If you are into biking, I know several girls who enjoy a well greased chain. If you like traveling I`m sure I can set u up with a gaggle of girls just waiting to jump on a plane with a well charged camera and big black sunglasses. Name a sport and I've probably dated an avid participant.

I`ve never deleted a number, so ladies if you look around and your friends just aren`t cutting it, feed me some criteria and I`ll set you up with a new BFF.

3 comments:

son of a cook said...

hell of an idea my friend.

Unknown said...

Hi Jack,
Maggie sent me a link to your blog. Hilarious. Congratulations. I have a business proposal for you. I live in NYC and have some dating follies worthy of your blog. What do you think about having a guest blogger to provide the female perspective? I'm sure it will increase your audience, and maybe even your chances with your next date :-).

Good luck with the blog,
Elizabeth

Scratch Head said...

ok - I'll agree with cook that this is not a bad idea. Did not say it was a good one, just not a bad one.